What’s better for Christmas time than aromatic, mulled wine? Sweden has invented one of the best recipes for it, and here’s my interpretation of it. Enjoy!
- 1 bottle of red wine – 750ml (dry or semi-dry)
- 125 ml of whisky (or rum or vodka)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cm slice of ginger root
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 teaspoon of cardomom grains
- two anise stars
- 200 ml of fresh orange juice (I used one from shop)
- one orange peel (scald off)
- honey (I went for one teaspoon)
Everything mix together and warm it up. Don’t let it boil. After warming it up for a while, let it cool down for few hours, so the taste becomes stronger. Hand it warm in normal glasses (not the wine ones).
Hope it will be useful for someone. Wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! New posts coming short after Christmas period. Stay tuned.